Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Eon

The moon breaks the horizon
 Blue flames flare
Licking away my soul
 Licking away my sanity

All it asks for is ferver
 All is seeks is delirium
  A mind numbing overload
   Sensation and sense
    Mingled tidal wave

Washing the wound of my heart
 Antiseptic
  Lasting the length of the wave
Crashing down
 Left gaping
  Left gasping
Back to normal
 Back to all you hate

Slowly
 Eons
The wind blows the mountain away
 One grain of sand at a time

The waves wash all away
 Nothing left to burn
  Nothing left to break
   Nothing left to feel

In the sandstorm screams
 Silence can be heard
Past all the pain
Past all the noise
Past all the blinding light
Past all the darkness

I stand still
Still in the storm
Still in the waves
Still in the pain
Still I stand

Until the wind blows the mountain away
 One grain of sand at a time

8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment